Sunday, February 3, 2008

CVS'ing today


Today we are celebrating our oldest boy's 15th birthday. I ran to CVS because they had our favorite Blue Bell Ice Cream on sale and I had a $1 off coupon from their site.

The nasty flu bug is running rampage in our home. We have all taken turns being miserable. Currently, it is my turn and our youngest boybarian's turn. I wanted to buy some TheraFlu and Triaminic Flu that CVS had buy 2 earn $10 in easy care bucks. I had a $2/1 coupon and a $1/1 coupon.

I also grabbed 2 bags of M&M's on sale 2/$4 - $1/2 coupon and earned another $2 ecb. I will use them in place of chocolate chips in cookies.

We also grabbed the CVS brand of Airborne (in hopes of building some immunities to fight this pesky bug) and some gum for the boys.

My total with tax was $23 and some change.

I earned $12 in ecb's for the next visit and the computer generated an extra $4 ecb.

So, not too bad of a shopping trip...$16 in store extra care bucks to spend next time.

I did realize after the fact that had I bought the Triaminic and Theraful, I could have used the $10 extra care buck towards the M&M's, ice cream, gum, and Airborne, which in turn would have been just about free and I still would have had my $6 for another trip. But, honestly, I was feeling way too under the weather to do it that way today.

And with $16 in ecb's, hopefully, I can have very little out of pocket in the future. Cereal is on sale this week and I have those coupons too.

Couponing, CVS, Walgreens.... it all becomes a game. It is a lot like poker if you ask me. You have to know when to play, when to hold, and when to walk away.

No comments: