Monday, February 25, 2008

Mt. Washmore becomes Laundry Liberty

Last week my pilot guy drove me to a very early, before 8 AM dental appointment.I picked up a magazine and saw the most organized laundry room. I showed him and said, I want THAT room. Can we do that to ours? My room has been nicknamed "Mt. Washmore".

It was overflowing and unorganized. Previously we had stacked our washer and dryer, thinking we would gain floor space.

Fast forward to that very same afternoon. He did a laundry room makeover. The magazine picture had cabinets. Some day, I would still love cabinets but for now, I am more than excited about my "new" laundry room with shelves. The best part, we spent ZERO dollars.

We had the shelving in the garage, unused, leaning against the wall.

My next dilemma, how to organize it neatly and cheap. It took me 2 days but I remembered all my "going green" shopping bags. I really love these bags. I do. The problem is, no one else seemed to love them. I would get looks like I had 2 heads, smirking comments of, "Oh, you are way ahead of the times for us." (Yes, I was given that comment once.), or the clerks just put my bags in a plastic bag and bagged my groceries. For the past year my lovely green bags have been lonely.




Not anymore. The are standing tall, filled with my stuff.

Mt. Washmore it is no more. Laundry Liberty it has become.


I even made a little clothesline for the boybarians' art work.

No comments: