Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Randall's Rally


Randall's (Safeway for some of you) is having a Savings Rally through the 26th where you can earn cash back for your next visit. Purchase 25 things earn $20.

I do not know if the sale price will continue through to the 26th on the Rice-A-Roni or PastaRoni but at $1.00 box (this included some of their healthier natural and whole grain options)you could just go get 25 and earn $20. Use that $20 to go get the rest of your groceries and you are off to a great start of stocking your pantry. There are coupons out there too. I was able to print 2 coupons.

So, I went today, coupons clipped, printed, all lined up. I was pretty excited about my pantry stocking trip.

Cheerios were on sale for 1.50 box and they counted towards my "rally"
1,2,3)Fruity Cheerios ($1/2 coupon, $0.75/1 coupon)= 2.75
4)Regular Cheerios (.50 coupon) = 1.00
5)Frosted Cheerios =1.50

6)Honey Bunches of Oats with chocolate clusters (2.00 coupon)= 1.00

7,8,9,10,11) Green Giant frozen boxed veggies were on sale for $1.49/box buy 3 get $2 immediately off your order. I, of course, had coupons for an additional 1.65 off.

12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21) Rice-A-Roni and PastaRoni (2/.50 coupons)

22,23) Betty Crocker Supreme brownies 2/$4 (coupon .50/2 that doubled)= $3

24) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 2.25 (.25 coupon that tripled) = 1.50

25,26) Hormel Natural Deli Ham 2/$5 ($1/2 coupon) =4

I also picked up 2 whole chickens at 79 cents a pound and apples.

I spent $38.49 and earned the $20 rally catalina (the coupon that prints at the register.) I now realize I had more than the 25 required products but I had coupons and I guess I cannot always count right.

Now, I could have used my $20 catalina for the Rice-A-Roni or PastaRoni like I suggested to stock up, but I needed gas and since I had earned 10 cents off a gallon, I decided to use it for FREE discounted gas instead.

Then I went to Kroger's to get the rest of the groceries for our week

Oranges $4.99
Nature's Own WhiteWheat Bread 3 loaves x 1.89= $5.67
Salad mix $1.99
3 Bird's Eye Frozen Veggies $1/each (coupon for $1/3) = $2
Yogurt 12 individual (2 coupons for .40/6 one doubled) = $4.80
2 Yoplait Kids 2/$4 (coupon for .80/2)= 3.20
Tortillas $1/pkg x 2= 2.00
Bertolli Frozen Pasta Shrimp Bag (2.50 coupon) 5.99 sale-2.50= 3.49
Totino's Cheese Pizza Rolls (.50 coupon)= .50

$28.64 total

Total grocery: $67.13.

I still have a little less than $8 for milk and bananas this week.

And on this topic of $75/week, recently I was told that I could not feed my family healthy, fresh options for $75/week. I beg to differ. We have a basket of fresh oranges, apples, salad mix, whole grain cereals, whole grain bread, natural deli ham for sandwiches, and lots of frozen veggies and whole chickens.

**And a bit of a funny note. A friendly lady game up to me in the dairy aisle and said, "A fellow grocery gamer?" I think I gave her the stunned deer in the headlight look to which she said, "Do you do the grocery game?" I said, "Oh..um no..I've heard of it..but I prefer not to pay for it (aka I'm cheap!) so I do it myself and use www.hotcouponworld.com".... to which she quickly asked me to repeat that and said she would be checking it out.

No comments: