Saturday, February 9, 2008

Super Savings Saturday

I think I have this CVS shopping finally figured out. Case in point, this week Maybelline eye shadow was on sale for $5.49 and you earned $5.49 back in ECB's. But, I don't need eye shadow and you just break even- a little less than even since I have to pay tax. So, I wouldn't want to buy it then, right? Wrong. I had a coupon for $1 off. So, I spent $4.49 and a little tax but I got an ECB for $5.49 back. See, now, I am making money and I have eye shadow to boot. Anyone need the eye shadow?

My CVS trip this week.

Eye shadow 5.49-1.00-4.49
4 Chunky Soup 1.50 (I had coupons on these but forgot them)
2 Boxes Cheerios 2/$5- .75-.50 coupons
Boost Smoothie 1.00 (generated a $1 ECB)
4 pack Macaroni Cheese $3.00 (I thought they were on clearance- oh well)

I used $12 in ECB's I had and spent $6.24 out of pocket and I earned $6.49 ECB's for my next trip.

My other great deal this week was at Kroger's
Our Kroger's double/triples coupons.
Campbell's soup was 2/$1- .40/4 doubled = $1.20 for 4 cans soup
10 cans Ravioli for $8.00- 2/$1.00 coupons= $6.00

Walgreen's
Post cereal 4/$10 - 2/$1.00 coupons= $8 with $4 register rewards
Planter's Cashews 4.99 BOGO - $1.00 coupon= 3.99 for 2 cans



See Money Saving Mom for more savings.

No comments: