Friday, February 29, 2008

Over budget

My pilot guy went shopping with me. We went to Walmart this week. We wanted to price some electronics and needed to do one-stop shopping.

Our bill came up to 92.41.
Then I handed the clerk my coupons.


Free Kids Yoplait Yogurt (2.46)
$1/1 Glen Muir x 3
$2/1 Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate
$2/1 Cambpell's Cup of Soup
$1/2 Ziplock bags

While pushing the cart around, pilot guy would kind of roll his eyes at me every time I would pull out my coupons.

I redeemed myself. He was impressed with our more than $10 savings. We were still over our budget of $75/week by about $8
BUT
The bottle of wine he added was $7.50
We also stocked up on sauces that were on clearance:
Annie's Natural BBQ Sauce for $1
Annie's Natural Teriyaki Marinade $1
Louisiana Cajun Marinades/Injectors $2.25

He came home and said, can we print some more coupons for next time? Can you find a coupon for X product or Y product?

Like I've said before..I think of couponing a lot like poker...you need to know when to play, when to hold, and when to just walk away. I think he is ready to play.

Game on!

No comments: