
We've been stretching out Norway for a couple of weeks and will continue through December. My parents are being "snowbirds" and are here from Way Up North aka NW Montana. It has been a real treat! We're taking school at a slower pace and adding in lots of holiday fun. I deviated from MFW-ECC for Thanksgiving and we just felt off and out of sorts. For December, I wanted to try to stay on track as much as possible. We are loving being back into their routine.

We were supposed to make Lapland Felt Squares. Instead we used foam sheets. 1) I had them on hand and 2) They can be used for placemats. The boys tied them into a holiday them using some foam cut-outs too. Boybarian4 put a big red cross in the center of his. He said that was the cross for Jesus. They may not be traditional but it worked for us!

We've also been reading Snow Treasure. It is a great story for boys! And it is a story I had never heard of before. I love learning right along side the boys.
We also started a new science program this week. I have the older fist edition of ECC. I had purchased Properties of Ecosystems to go alongside and thought I could fill in as needed and coordinate it to our studies of each country, but it was just was not working for the boys. They LOVE science and had been begging for more hands-on "stuff." They wanted experiments and to "do science."
Due to Pilot Guy's unique schedule he's home 2 days one week and then 2 days the following week. So, Pilot Guy has become Teacher Guy. He started Christian Kids Explore The Earth and Space
We are all happy about the new program, but I think I am the most cheerful. This past Monday, while Pilot/Teacher Guy was doing science and an egg experiment on plate tectonics with the boybarians.... I was shopping at Hobby Lobby!
No comments:
Post a Comment