
Since, we are still on Christmas break, I've been planning and preparing. Meet my new organization system:
It starts with 21 file folder labeled with the days of the week. (3 weeks of files)
I had the binding cut off our Singapore Workbooks. I sat down and put the appropriate loose workbook pages for each child in the day folders following MFW Singapore schedule. I put a sticky not on the worksheet with the corresponding page number in my HIG as well as the textbook page number and listed the reinforcement activity including which manipulatives will be needed. Color coordinated per child, of course.
We are almost through with our Primary Phonics workbook so I cut out those pages with a straight edge and Exacto knife and put those in the appropriate day folder for boybarian4 along with his readers and comprehension worksheets. Labeled with the matching TE pages. The TE manual always has fun ideas for my kinesthetic learner that we have not been doing. I'm excited to add in some variations to his schedule. Thanks to Swagbucks and Amazon's buy 3 get 4th free special, I snagged 3 new card type games that will work well here (and 1 for math). Besides Organization, Swagbucks is my other BFF.
For our MFW/ECC- I photocopied ahead, and as you've guessed, put in the day folders. We use the Bible Memorization sheets from here. They're printed and ready to go. Same with our science copies. Reading lists and other supplies are listed.
I've put tags in for when to add something fun, like our new Geopuzzles (thank you Santa!)
In the past, this point is where my friend, named Organization, and I frequently part ways. I'm hoping by having 3 weeks ready to go we can avoid any rifts this time. It should be a lasting friendship, one where after 3 weeks, I can spend another weekend of late nights and set up 6-9 weeks of files.
Since I work a home, the files are in my desk, right at my fingertips.
My heart's desire is for a lasting friendship. So long chaos.
1 comment:
Awesome!! It looks great! I am praying about using MFW next year for our curriculum so I look forward to seeing your weeks. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment