
Our Magnolia tree had several dinner-plate blooms this year. Sadly, they only last a day or so and then they were gone.

My frugal birthday flower baskets.

.JPG)
Our square foot gardens. We have enjoyed green beans,snow peas,and lettuce. Yummy! One of our sons and his friend are frequently caught sampling straight from the garden. We also have tomatoes already and lots of baby sqash. The cucumbers are in full bloom.

Pilot guy's Meyer Lemon is loaded this year. We have counted over 30 lemons! Yeehaw!
.JPG)
The first Hibiscus blossom of the year.

And our potted herbs have been delicious. We cut and clip and they grow back incredibly fast.
2 comments:
I am seriously going to square-foot garden next year because you have inspired me. I think I'll start planning NOW. It's half the fun, after all.
We are wanting to plant some trees here, soon. Do you have your meyer lemon in the ground or a big pot? Any suggestions on great trees to grow? I love color in the fall and spring, but we are also trying to be productive with our little yard. I mean, why not? We have an herb garden and we planted some blueberries this spring. We wanted to do blackberries, too, but by the time we got around to it, the stores didn't have them anymore. My husband potted some peppers, too, for salsa making. :) We're getting there...
Anyway, your living things look lovely. Enjoy!
Jennifer- Our lemon tree is in the ground. We have often wondered if it would do better in a pot.
Square foot gardening is fun and you are right on about the planning. You may be able to do a Fall garden depending on how far South you are. Although this will be our first time, we have been told we can have 2 growing seasons in our area.
Post a Comment