
We're adding some additional science to our weeks. I am following the 2009 Free Autumn plans from this blog. If you have never followed her Outdoor Challenges, I would encourage you to go check out her site. She uses Anna Comstock's Handbook of Nature Study as her guide.
So,I ordered the book from Amazon using my Swagbucks. I knew it was a thick book but I had no idea. I was thrilled when it came in the mail
Here are a few pictures of our first outing last week.

We were supposed to be searching for Goldenrod. We found these fun little sunny flowers instead. They closely resemble Goldenrod and near our home is an entire field growing wild. It looks just like the Golden City described in the book.


When we went to pick up boybarian2 from the high school we saw some real Goldenrod growing in a brushy area. Thanks to the book and our sighting, now we know what Goldenrod officially looks like.
And a side note: If you're interested in trying out a nature study you can get a free version of the book online.
No comments:
Post a Comment