Sonlight recommends the Book of Time for making a timeline to go with their studies. I wanted each boybarian to have their own. I envisioned us adding to it each year and having a keepsake. But, well, the price tag was a lot more than I wanted to spend at $24.99. ($50 for 2!)
So, I decided to see if I could DYI one cheaper.
You know what? I did!!! And that is how I fell head over heels in love.
The fronts are different and a bit cropped in these pics so that our boys' names would not show. I had downloaded a timeline printable from CurrClick a while back. In the end, I only printed the one page from that e-file. I laminated it at home to create a sturdy cover.
Here's the breakdown of my costs:
100 sheets of cardstock (Amazon- Free Shipping/6.99 for 250 sheets) $2.80
Printed at home - 102 pages printed at .04 each = $4.08
Cost for Office Depot to Spiral/Back Cover= $7.54
And 2 laminate sleeves for the cover made at home (guess-timate) $1.00
That's $15.42 for 2 Personalized Timeline Books
A big thanks to Guesthollow's Timeline Printables. I could not have made these books without their generous freebie!! I printed both their timelines and put in one book. 4000 BC- 2010 AD
More Spellbound posts to come.
So far, I've also made 3 other spiral-bound books that have me swooning.
No comments:
Post a Comment