

The wildfire et al has derailed us terribly in school. So, this week has been like week 1 all over again. Boybarians have had trouble concentrating.
We needed to get our science done. It keeps getting pushed aside. We're using Sonlight D Science. Today, in Real Science For Kids, we learned about the classification system. It was lots of big words and I could tell I was losing them. (think the old Charlie Brown cartoons where the teacher talks but all we hear is mumble, mumble.)
But, then I remembered I had picked up some animal and insect flashcards in the dollar section of Target. We pulled them out. These cards are great because they list quick facts on the back. Soon, they were reading those big scientific names and doing their own living thing classifications.
We also did the activity "What is in a Name" and discussed how God allowed Adam to name the animals.
I just love it when it all comes together and learning becomes fun again!
(Photos from Amazon- not mine)
No comments:
Post a Comment