One year, we received $500 extra gift money. We were told to buy something for ourselves that we would not normally buy. It was a no-brainer. Pilot guy and I knew exactly what we wanted. We had moved from the Pacific Northwest, aka the Land of Good Coffee, to Houston, TX. Need I say more? It took us all of about 5 minutes to know what we were buying.
We bought this baby- The Saeco Magic Deluxe Super Automatic Espresso Machine. Just the name alone was impressive!

Very easy to walk in the kitchen in the morning, hit a button or 2 and have your very own hot espresso with frothed milk that reminded us of home. A heavenly coffee shop in our own kitchen.
That was 6+ years ago. This past week our faithful friend up and quit working. We googled. We stomped our feet. We prayed! And then we cried. The truth was our friend had passed on.
So, with much sorrow, Pilot guy moved her to the garage near the trash and we pulled out the other guy, the guy we kept hidden away for when our parents visit, Mr. Coffee.
Trash day came yesterday and I still didn't have the courage to officially say goodbye. Yes, you guessed it. I left our beloved espresso machine in the garage. Maybe next week I'll officially be ready to move forward. I doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment