Saturday, January 12, 2008

Super Savings Saturday (#1- a day late)

I've been reading about couponing again. Let's face it, couponing is almost a full-time job and takes a lot of organization. But..since those are not good enough excuses, I decided as part of my "Enrich" for 2008, I need to s.t.r.e.t.c.h our dollars and cents farther. The Money Saving Mom has great ideas and spends a great deal of time posting the best deals each week and coordinates them to coupons/rebates.

Here are my deals for the week:
Target
Electrosol Dishwasher tabs $2.67-$2.25 coupon= $0.41

Toys on clearance:
Risk Transformers game Reg $29.95/ Paid $6.49 Kyle and Noah love it!
Playmobile Pirate Ship Reg $29.95/ Paid $7.48
Playmobile Police Helicopter Reg $14.95 Paid/ $3.74
Playmobile Police Boat Reg $19.95/ Paid $4.98



Playmobile (Reg approx $65/ paid approx $16.25) was supposed to be hidden for Levi's birthday but he saw it in the car. It is usually so expensive, so I was really excited to find this deal!

Walgreen's
Quaker Instant Oatmeal (1.99-.70 coupon=1.29)
Centrum Vitamins + travel bottle (7.00-1.00=6.00)
Centrum Performance Vitamins (7.00-1.00=600)
Garnier Shampoo (3.50-1.50-1.00=1.00)
Colgate Total Toothpaste (3.00-1.00-.50=1.50)
Colgate Toothbrush (free with toothpaste)
Palmolive Dishsoap with microbeads (2.00-.50-.40=1.10)
Softsoap handsoap (2.50-.50-.35=1.64)
Dimetapp (6.00-1.00=5.00)
Paid $24.55 (including tax)
Saved $24.39 plus
$10.00 Register Rewards to use on my next trip to Walgreen's.

Not as much savings as I had hoped for but it was my first trip to Walgreen's.
We'll see if I can do better next week. I also wanted to limit my shopping so that I was only buying what we needed or would use sometime in the near future. (And as you can see, I've been using the dish and hand soap already.)

I also got Peter Pan Peanut Butter FREE at my local grocer.
Coupon for 1.00 off, on sale for 88 cents.. I made 12 cents.

No comments: