Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 1 in Review



On Monday we started our day with donuts in the park and ended painting self-portraits. Here is Boybarian4. It looks just like him, don't you think? Oh- except he doesn't have braces or great big googly green eyes. And I do believe he actually has hair. I thought he did a great job.

I showed the boys most of their new curriculum. Here Boybarian3 is doing his Teaching Textbooks math lesson. Have I told you I am in total love with Teaching Textbooks? Total over the hill never looking back in love!!

We also presented them with their new Bibles.


By Wednesday we realized we really weren't ready to give up on summer, and we knew our zoo passes were about to expire. We played hooky with dad and went on our first field trip. Boybarian 3 said his favorite was the giant anteater. It came right up to the fence and then went for a swim in the pond.

They had a dinosaur exhibit that was really cool. Here the boybarians are pretending they are trying to escape a menacing creature.


Boybarian4 really really really (I cannot emphasize enough the really!) struggles with reading/phonics and spelling. We tutored privately all summer. I earned a lot from our tutor. He definitely needs lots of hands-on reinforcement. Here he is practicing his spelling words.


Thursday we met with other home school families for a Co-Op on the Human Body and free time for swimming. They made models of an eye. I had put their projects in the car while the boys swam and when we got ready to leave they had a good laugh when I said "Don't sit on your eyes!"


2 comments:

w said...

great week! i've heard a lot of good things about teaching textbooks. will def need to look over that curric when the girls are older.

Kim said...

I debated so long over TT and ended up going with Saxon...but I will always wonder if we are missing out;)