
February 1, 2012
I've been reading a ton throughout cyberspace that when removing additives, preservatives, and salicylates from a child's diet, often times behavior et al will improve.
Pilot guy was the skeptic. I don't blame him. The thought of giving up some of our favorite foods was daunting. Until one day.... one day when he let the boybarians have popsicles (not the fruit kind!), red licorice (Yes! The American Vine kind), and whatever else they wanted. This, after weeks of working with boybarian3 to eat better. He is a bit quirky. He is also so thin he isn't even on the growth charts for his age anymore. And what do you think happened? Behavior we hadn't seen in a long time. He didn't want to eat anything. He was emotional, argumentative, and just downright unpleasant.
I quietly asked them both to think about what he had for the day. Then I asked them if they thought all those poor choices could be the cause.
And, yes, I realize he was on sugar overlaod on top of the dyes and artificial everything else that was bad for him. But... Pilot guy's skepticism ended. He quickly was on board that we do a month trial. So, I chose February, the shortest month of the year- hey, I'm nice that way.
I'll write more later about the materials we're using and what we're eating but for today, I'll leave you with this blog post from The Unprocessed Kitchen. I've been reading there for a bit and her recent post lines up nicely with our 29-day trial.
No comments:
Post a Comment