Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Azure Standard has arrived...

I was so excited about our "5 cases" I forgot to take pictures.

We placed our first order with Azure Standard this month. Azure Standard accepts bulk orders online and then you pick up at your local drop site. Fortunately, there is one very near our home here in the Houston area.

Sigh. I'm totally in love. So fulfilling to bring home those bulk goods and stock the pantry. Pilot guy had back surgery earlier this month so he is on a lifting restriction. I think his man-pride was wounded today when he had to carry the order sheet and car keys while the boys and I loaded up:

38-lb of organic California oranges
20-lb of organic Oregon Cameo apples
25-lb of organic old-fashioned oatmeal
32-oz organic maple syrup
1 package organic Quinoa
1 package of yogurt starter (multiple packs inside)
1 yogurt thermometer
6 half gallon glass jars (to beautify my pantry!)
6 jar lids
3-pounds organic Walla Walla Sweet Onions
3-pounds organic pears

We are already looking forward to our next order. Azure Standard is dear to our hearts in that it is located in Oregon. Oregon is home to us. Oregon is where our boys were born. Where my husband grew up. Where our marriage began. Oregon is warm fuzzy memories that make us ache at times. There truly is no placed like it, so picking up our boxes at the drop point was like getting special packages from home.

She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar
Proverbs 31:14

No comments: