Friday, March 4, 2011

Week in Review!

We're still doing ECC and are studying Japan. I do not have any pictures from our geography learning this week.

We deviated a bit, a lot, in our read aloud and have been enjoying Hank the Cowdog! A couple of times boybarian 4 has been giggling so hard he has asked me to go back and re-read a section. Hank the Cowdog is hilarious and even mom catches herself laughing out loud.

And for science we have been studying the human body. Last Christmas, my mother-in-law sent us a book she had purchased at Costco that she thought we might enjoy. I immediately put it up for school.

We are using it as the base of our study. I googled to see if I could find a source to buy it and found it online at Homeschool Science Tools: Uncover the Human Body. For some hands-on activities I purchased a couple of e-books during Scholastic's $1 Teacher sale last month. The first was Easy Make and Learn Projects: Human Body . The second e-book was Nonfiction Read and Write Booklets: Human Body.

We give both of these e-books thumbs up. Last week, though not blogged about, we learned about the skin and the layers, etc. This week, we've been studying about cells.

Today, the boys each made a cell mobile. They both could name the cell and its purpose in our body. This activity was also good for fine motor skills as they had to tie each of their strings onto the coat hanger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda!

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that we were starting a HOmeschool Highlights in MFW link up at my blog on Friday...hope to see you there!

Kathi @ A Heart Like WAter
6arrows.blogspot.com