
Last time Pilot Guy was home, I showed him a blog post about making knock-off floor candlesticks. Since we were headed to Lowe's for paint he helped me pick up the supplies to make a set for our art niche at the bottom of the stairs. They turned out almost like I imagined.
I set the post out on an old plastic box, handed boybarian#4 a paint brush and told him to enjoy him some painting...which he loved.
$12.97 for a newel post at Lowe's. $5.99/each for the glass hurricanes from Target. I used the red pain from my kitchen and ebony oil stain I already had. I sealed them with a polyurethane seal we had used in the past.
The original blogger had some comments about the chemicals in outdoor posts, but I wasn't worried and just made sure they were sealed well. The project was just at $25. I've admired these type of large candlesticks at Hobby Lobby for much much more so I was thrilled a the price.
And no worries... the glass hurricanes are hot glued down. I could just see one of the boybarians throwing something and knocking one off.

Next up, another set of 3 for in front of our fireplace.
No comments:
Post a Comment